A girl's guide to a successful Bachelorette Party:
1. Be a good, creative, and fun loving person.
2. That way you will have good, creative, and fun loving friends; that will throw you a good, creative, and fun Bachelorette Party.
3. If you don't want a stripper (midget, Filipino, Brazilian, or otherwise) - let it be known, early and emphatically. Clean fun is the best kind of fun there is.
4. If your bridesmaids are making the effort to surprise you, don't ask too many questions. By finding out what's going on, you're only depriving yourself of the wonderful spontaneity of what is meant to be your craziest and most free-spirited night.
5. Don't take yourself too seriously! We dressed as thugs, and after the food and games, rolled out to Embassy - and nobody was allowed to change. Mind you, there was a major event at the club that night, but half the fun is really not caring what other people think! [Note: If you are not extremely good friends with the people that own/spin at/promote Embassy, I do not suggest trying to enter in costume. Just a thought.]
Event Master-Planners: Margaux Cortez & Althea Arvisu
Accomplices: All the girls that started a Facebook thread behind my back. Lol.
Theme: 90's Gangsta Hip Hop/Chola/Thug
Games: "Jeopardy, the Sarah Facts Edition", "Best Sarah Impersonation", "Freestyle Rap about Sarah", "Guess Who Wrote This Memory/Message", "Plant the Kiss on Common" [didn't push through due to technical difficulties], and of course, "Just Call Me By My (Gangsta) Name" - the patented Julie Dela Cruz party favorite!
Guest list for the night:
Moniqua (Monica), Big Momma Fae (Mafae), The Real Sam Shady (Samantha), Shainiqua (Yishai), Zim Zimma (Chesa), Big L (Leila), Ay Bay Bay (Bea), E-Munny (Erica), G-Funk (Gina), Margeezy (Margaux), Jacquisha (Jax), Baby G (Girlie), Mishequa (Michelle N.), R-Nana (Rina), Ill Nana (Manina), and can't remember Julie, Oz, or Michelle C.'s names....!
Oh, and me - Queen B(illions). That's right....Gangsta! :D
[Pictures c/o Manina Jose, Samantha Johnson, Michelle Nocon, and Erica Paredes]